- Paper Wasps, Hornets and Yellow Jackets construct nests of a paper-like material, which is a mixture of finely chewed wood fragments and secretions of saliva from the wasps
- Paper wasps build umbrella-shaped nests under eaves and ledges
Exterminating Paper Wasps
- Not as aggressive as Yellow Jackets or Hornets
- Most wasp and hornet sprays available at the hardware store will kill Paper Wasps.
- Treat at night to kill Paper Wasps.
- You can treat for Paper Wasps during the daytime as long as you stand somewhere away from the nest while you spray.
- Most insecticide sprays will kill a wasp or hornet on contact.
- After you have treated a nest, wait one day and then get rid of the nest. This keeps other pests from taking up residence there.